From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler
Author: E. L.Konigsburg
Submitted by: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Research Michelangelo and write an essay about his life. Answer such questions as: When did he live? Die? What else is he famous for? Do NOT copy from an encyclopedia or book. Use your OWN words.
2. Michelangelo is not the only famous Renaissance artist. Name one other and tell what he was famous for. Write an essay about him.
3. Write an essay comparing the book with the movie. Give specific examples of things that were both alike and different.
4. Pretend you are Claudia or Jamie. Mrs. Frankweiler has just died and you now have possession of the sketch. What will you do? Write a story about it.
5. Research the author, E. L. Konigsburg. Write an essay telling about her life.
6. Choose a character from the book. Compare this character to a person you know. Write an essay telling how the two are alike and different.
7. Imagine that Claudia kept a journal. Write a journal entry for each of the important events in the book. Share the journal entries with the class.
8. Although the reader never meets Saxonberg, Mrs. Frankweiler makes comments addressed to him throughout the book. These comments reveal a great deal about Saxonberg and Mrs. Frankweiler's opinion of him. Write a description of Saxonberg, based on Mrs. Frankweiler's remarks.