One minute speaking activities
Submitted by: Ruth
For practice have students give one minute speeches. Here are some ideas for the short activities
1. Tell a joke or riddle
2. Teach the class a tongue twister
3. Read or recite a poem
4. Using a puppet, relate a fairy tale
5. Write a modern version of a nursery rhyme. Read it to the class.
6. Retell a fable
7. Introduce a classmate, your teacher, or yourself to the class.
8. Tell a ghost story
9. Relate a humorous story
10. Recite a limerick
11. Tell about a movie, TV show, or sports event
12. Retell a folktale or legend