Space Creatures Gotcha
Created by Andria, Avis, Marcia, Kelly, Dan, Greg, Isobel, Luann, Theresa, April
1. onset, paragraphing, capitals, commas
B- the onset of the spaceship galaxy was truly amazing to all the spectators.
C- The onset of the spaceship, Galaxy, was truly amazing to all the spectators.
2). dumfounded, capitals, punctuation
B- we were dumfounded as the fluorescent green spaceship landed at bush intercontinental airport
C- We were dumfounded as the fluorescent green spaceship landed at Bush Intercontinental Airport.
3. personally, capitals beginning of sentence, I, punctuation ending sentence, commas separating description
B- personally i could not tear my eyes away from the goostadas strange looking cretures with 5 triangle eyes and no mouth as they emerged from the spaceship
C- Personally, I could not tear my eyes away from the Goostadas, strange looking creatures with 5 triangle eyes and no mouth, as they emerged from the spaceship.
4. compatible, quotations, capitals, punctuation
B- my friend tonya said to me how do you know they are called goostadas and are they really compatible
C- My friend Tonya said to me, "How do you know they are called Goostadas, and are they really compatible?"
5. significant, quotations, compound sentence, capitals, punctuation
B- i no i replied because i have significant knowledge in this area and the goostadas look like mexican tostadas which are flat brown and kind of lumpy.
C- "I know," I replied, "because I have significant knowledge in this area, and the Goostadas look like Mexican Tostadas which are flat, brown, and kind of lumpy.
6) skeptical, punctuation, capitals, spelling
B - tanya was quiet skeptical about my knowledge of the goostadas
C - Tanya was quite skeptical about my knowledge of the Goostadas.
7) protested, quotations, titles (TV series), capitalization, punctuation
B- i think you don't know what you are talking about protested tanya. i think they are called tribbles not goostadas i saw them on startrek one time.
C - "I think you don't know what you are talking about," protested Tanya. "I think they are called Tribbles, not Goostadas. I saw them on Star Trek one time.
8) perfunctory, capitalization, fragmented sentence, quotes, punctuation
B - As tanya gave me a perfunctory glance. Quickly walked toward the Tribbles i screamed look out they're coming at you
C - As Tanya gave me a perfunctory glance and quickly walked toward the Tribbles, I screamed, "Look Out! They're coming at you!"
9) languid, capitalization, punctuation, run on sentence
B - she turned her head and gave to me a languid smile, it was then I knew her true intent
C - She turned her head and gave me a languid smile. It was then I knew her true intent.
10) one, turning, to, capitals, run on, spelling, punctuation
B - she was won of them she was terning me over too them
C - She was one of them and she was turning me over to them.
11) caps, quotes, punctuation, their-they're, no-know
B- get a grip tanya commanded tanya always seemed to no what i was thinking huh sorry i mumbled as i came back to reality mabe their gostadas tanya continued i seem to remember that tribbles looked like powder puffs and had no eyes
C- "Get a grip," Tanya commanded. Tanya always seemed to know what I was thinking.
"Huh? Sorry," I mumbled as I came back to reality.
Maybe they're Gostadas." Tanya continued, "I seem to remember that Tribbles looked like powder puffs and had no eyes."
12) new paragraph, speech, questions
B suddenly Eric grabbed my arm and whispered cautiously into my ear are they dangerous should we move further away
C Suddenly, Eric grabbed my arm and whispered cautiously into my ear, "Are they dangerous? Should we move further away?"
13 caps, comma, quotation marks, spelling, apostrophe
A. shhhhh i wispered to eric i dont think their dangerous
B "Shhhh," I whispered to Eric. "I don't think they're dangerous."
multifarious, protruding, caps, comma, spelling, run on sentence
A. i stood studying there five triangular eyes when suddently i noticed multifarious blinking purple fingers protruding from what appered to be there brow
B. I stood studying their five triangular eyes. When suddenly, I noticed multifarious blinking, purple fingers protruding from what appeared to be their brow.
14) new paragraph, punctuation, quotations marks
A. run screamed eric
B. "Run!" screamed Eric.
15) stupefied, capitals, punctuation, spelling (of/off), homophone (wood/would; four/for), contraction (didn't)
B. everyone else stood stupefied unable to move his or her limbs but I didnt hesitate four an instant i took of running as fast as my legs wood carry me
C. Everyone else stood stupefied, unable to move his or her limbs, but I didn't hesitate for an instant. I took off running as fast as my legs would carry me.
16) bellowed, capitals, punctuation, homophone (fourth/forth; won/one; write/right), quotation marks
B. suddenly a flame burst fourth from won of the triangular eyes and hit the ground within an inch of my write foot watch out bellowed eric
C. Suddenly, a flame burst forth from one of the triangular eyes and hit the ground within an inch of my right foot. "Watch out!" bellowed Eric.
17) incinerated, sulfurous, conjunction (do not begin a sentence with one), capitals, punctuation, homophones (too/to; write/right; by buy), commas (adjectives), irregular verb, compound sentence
B. and to my write a trash can busted into flames and it was immediately incinerated buy the scorching sulfurous fire
C. To my right, a trash can burst into flames, and it was immediately incinerated by the scorching, sulfurous fire.
18) screeching, ghastly, assailed, capitals, punctuation, run-on, homophone (four/for; know/no; site/sight), spelling (friends; senses), compound sentence, sub/verb agreement (was/were)
B. screeching to a stop I turned to search four my freinds and a ghastly smell assailed my sinces but my freinds was know longer in site.
C. Screeching to a stop, I turned to search for my friends. A ghastly smell assailed my senses, but my friends were no longer in sight.