Ways To Present Poems
Students will be able to:
· Cooperate with other members of the group to read and develop a way to present a poem.
· Memorize and recite a poem.
· Poems that deal with the subject matter.
· 2 milk cartons with the bottoms cut out. Cut the bottoms according to the size needed and put them inside of each other. Cover with colorful paper or contact paper.
· Each group (4 to 5 students) will be given a cube with poems written on all sides. (All pertaining to the subject)
· One person in the group will then roll the dice to see which poem their group will be working on.
· They can then do one of two things to present their poem to the class. Choral read the poem, or act the poem out in front of the class.
· After they have been given time to practice, each group will then present their poem.
· When all presentations are over the students will then engage in different activities over the next couple of days to help them memorize their poem.